The Moto G7 is a great value and a solid phone at an easily affordable price, but once you’ve decided you want to go Moto, you still have one decision to make before you buy: do you fall for the dazzling shine of the Clear White model, or do you play it safe with Ceramic Black?
Clear White Moto G7
Oh, so shiny
- An eye-catching gleam
- Clean and classy
- Bright and cheerful
- Shows every dust speck and flaw
- Might discolor over time
White phones are daring, dainty, and dare I say it, just darling. White phones are also super impractical, though, because white gets dirty as soon as you take it out of the box, and every speck of dust, every smudge, and every scratch is going to break this pristine look and make your G7 look old and unkempt. Clear white is for users who know how to keep their tech immaculate.
Ceramic Black Moto G7
- Goes with everything
- Doesn’t show dust as easily
- Black is B.O.R.I.N.G.
- Still shows scratches and cracks
Ceramic Black is understated, undercover, and under-appreciated for the dependable, unobtrusive color it is. Black is also boring, and as I have said time and time again, Life is too short for boring tech. That said, Ceramic Black will blend into your cases more easily, so you can play it safe with boring black and get a vibrant case to offset it.
A choice of extremes
While I wish we had more of the exotic color choices like the Moto G7 Plus’s Viva Red, the regular Moto G7 is available in the US comes in two monochromatic extremes: Clear White and Ceramic Black. There are a lot of ways to make this choice, but I’m going to make this as simple as I can:
- Clear White is shiny and pretty and impractical. It’s a color that looks great in renders but loses its luster once you get some scuffs, smudges, and grimy fingerprints on.
- Ceramic Black is the reasonable, unobtrusive, practical pick. It won’t show dirt or dust quite as easily, but it also doesn’t look quite as bold or beautiful because while black may go with everything, it is the most bland and basic color a phone can come in.
While the Moto G7 colors are relatively tame, you can offset them with a colorful case. The Clear White in particular can get jazzed up quite easily with clear, printed pattern cases like the Ueokeird Slim Schockproof Floral Case from our Best Moto G7 Cases roundup or the glimmering SOGA Diamond Glitter Case with its clear-to-colored gradient and glitter-filled liquid back.
This article was originally posted on Android Central