LG, whose handset business has been struggling for a while now, notably hopped on board the trend of including the much-maligned front notch for the first time with last year’s G7 ThinQ. The South Korea-based manufacturer has since expanded that design touch to additional phones in its lineup, but now comes a firm indication that the company appears ready to dump the notch in favor of a hole-punch camera setup with its next major release.
BGR Top Deals:
- Anker’s newest true wireless earbuds are way too good to be on sale for $40
- How to get a $15 Amazon credit for free
Trending Right Now:
- Spider-Man writers weren’t allowed to see Endgame’s script, and that’s what ruined ‘Far From Home’
- Google Assistant just quietly added a great new text messaging feature
- Apple’s iPhone 11 release date just leaked
LG is ditching the notch in favor of a hole-punch camera, patent reveals originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 6 Aug 2019 at 17:06:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
This article was originally posted on BGR