Jabra today introduced a pair of headphones which feature an adaptive AI technology tucked inside. Called the Elite 85h, they’re part of Jabra’s Elite range of headsets and adjust the listening experience to the wearer based on the environment.
The tech, dubbed Jabra SmartSound, relies on Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), eight microphones, and a few other ingredients. This results in an audio experience that promises to be unlike any other. Whether commuting, listening to a book in the library, or taking in The Dark Side of the Moon at home, you’ll get something special and uniquely designed.
The Jabra Elite 85h are backed by a two-year warranty and offer dust and rain resistance. Sold in four colors (Black, Titanium Black, Gold Beige, and Navy), the headphones deliver up to 32 hours of battery with ANC and up to 35 hours without.
Of the eight microphones in the headphones, six of them are dedicated to calls. Four are for ANC while two of them are hybrid mics for calls and ANC.
You can’t really talk about AI smarts without mentioning digital assistants. To that end, the Elite 85h provide hands-free voice assistant access; there’s no need to press any physical buttons to trigger them tool. Indeed, the headphones allow for users to tap into Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant.
Jabra Elite 85h Features
- SmartSound: Audio that automatically adapts to your surroundings
- 100 percent hands-free: Voice Assistant access without pushing a button
- Four color variations: Black, Titanium Black, Gold Beige and Navy
- Battery: Up to 32-hours of battery with ANC activated and 35 hours without ANC
- Microphones: Eight microphones in total. Six dedicated for calls, four for ANC and two hybrid mics for both calls and ANC.
- Speakers: 40mm custom-engineered speakers
- Durability: Unique IP52 dust and rain resistance, backed by a two-year warranty against water and dust
- Personalize: Jabra Sound+ app for SmartSound features, including customized settings
The Jabra 85h will be available to pre-order in the four colors including one exclusive to Best Buy in the US & Canada (Black) starting in March 2019. The retail price will be $299 USB/$399 CAD.
This article was originally posted on AndroidGuys