Apple has reportedly started talking with suppliers about bring ultrasonic fingerprint sensor technology from Qualcomm to at least one iPhone for release as early as next year or possible 2021.
That’s according to new reports from the Economic Daily News, cited by MacRumors, which note that Apple plans to meet with a Taiwanese touchscreen maker next week to talk about a fingerprint sensor that could work underneath the iPhone’s all-screen display. What’s interesting is that this is also in-line with recent reports from analysts including the top Apple insider in the world, Ming-Chi Kuo, who have reported recently that Apple will likely release an iPhone that includes Face ID as well as an in-display fingerprint authentication method as early as next year.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has 3 hidden Cyber Monday deals that get you free money
- Best of Cyber Monday 2019: The smart home gadget you never knew you needed is on sale for $19.98
Trending Right Now:
- There it is! NASA finally spotted crash site of India’s Moon lander
- Hubble spots two galaxies rubbing off on each other
- Netflix is releasing 53 new original movies and shows in December – here’s the complete list
iPhone 12 might be the first to feature in-display fingerprint sensor originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 14:32:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
This article was originally posted on BGR