If you rewind the clock back a bit to before Samsung’s disastrous aborted launch of its Galaxy Fold smartphone that was supposed to have been in April, you may recall the company’s lofty ambitious that looked beyond the first iteration of this new device. We were hearing estimates last year that Samsung wanted to start the Galaxy Fold’s initial production run at a minimum of 1 million units and that the Fold also wouldn’t be a one-off. That the company, in other words, was hoping to release a new version of the foldable phone every year, the same way it does with its Galaxy flagship devices.
Fast forward to today. We still don’t know when Samsung will try again for a release the Galaxy Fold, but it does appear the company is still thinking beyond it, in terms of other foldable devices.
BGR Top Deals:
- Get an ASUS 2-in-1 touchscreen Chromebook for $279 on Amazon, today only
- This top-rated fast wireless charger is somehow only $6.99 right now on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- No, it’s not just you: Half of the internet is down, including Google, Amazon, and Reddit
- Apple was right again: Here’s why a Galaxy Note 10 without a microSD slot isn’t a big deal
- Fresh Pixel 4 leak gives us another look at Google’s unreleased flagship
Here’s what Samsung’s Galaxy Fold 2 could look like originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 25 Jun 2019 at 14:48:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
This article was originally posted on BGR