Samsung’s first foldable handset should have already been selling in stores for almost a quarter now, but Samsung canceled the launch when it discovered the screen was imperfect (to say the least). Early reviewers broke the screen by mistake, uncovering a couple of issues that facilitated the display’s demise.
In the months that followed, Samsung kept saying the phone would launch this year, without committing to an actual release date. Recent reports said that Samsung made several design changes to prevent future accidents and that the handset would launch in time for the busy holiday season. After flunking basic durability tests back in April, the Galaxy Fold reportedly aced new tests after its redesign, and is finally ready to launch.
BGR Top Deals:
- Soooooooo many Nintendo Switch games are still on sale at Prime Day prices
- This Dyson cordless vacuum deal for $150 is better than anything from Prime Day
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s new iPad Pro rival just leaked, and it’s got a pretty weird new feature
- Exclusive: New leak reveals key Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL specs
- FDA warns that ‘Big Penis’ supplement works a little too well
Galaxy Fold supposedly aced its durability tests and is ready to launch originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 15:07:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
This article was originally posted on BGR